Call for Applications
To participate, we invite applicants to submit:
- Two-page presentation of their current research project including a description of their methodological issues and concerns
- Two-page statement of their interest in urban ethnography and visual methods as well as a reflection on the role of the city in their life and personal experience
- Updated Academic CV
These materials will allow us to best evaluate the applications and provide background information to the instructors and other participants.
Seats at the Summer School are limited and will be granted on a rolling basis after the first deadline of 15 April 2017. If seats remain available applications may be accepted until 15 May 2017. Send your application as a single PDF file to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opening of Applications: 15 JANUARY 2017
- Closing of Applications: 15 APRIL 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 MAY 2017
- Registration and Confirmation: 15 JULY 2017
- Participation in the Summer School is free of charge.
- Participants will be expected to cover the fees of their transportation, accommodation and meals during the Summer School. (Recommendations will be provided by the organizers)
- Certificates of attendance and participations will be given to those who require them in advance.
Organizers also warmly encourage participants to share diverse materials related to urban ethnography and visual methods onto our Facebook page: articles and papers, visual presentation, historical archives, photographic and video editing, journalistic and open publishing, artistic projects etc.