Call for Applications
To participate, we invite applicants to submit:
- Two-page presentation of their current research project including a description of their methodological issues and concerns
- Two-page statement of their interest in urban ethnography and visual methods as well as a reflection on the role of the city in their life and personal experience
- Updated Academic CV
These materials will allow us to best evaluate the applications and provide background information to the instructors and other participants.
Seats at the Summer School are limited, but nevertheless, we decided to extend the application deadline to 20 MAY 2017 to provide an opportunity for those, who for various reasons missed the first deadline (or only recently learned about our event) but are still interested in gathering with us in Hong Kong. Please send your application as a single PDF file to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Opening of Applications: 15 JANUARY 2017
- First application deadline: 15 APRIL 2017
- EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 MAY 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 JUNE 2017
- Registration and Confirmation: 15 JULY 2017
- Participation in the Summer School is free of charge.
- Participants will be expected to cover the fees of their transportation, accommodation and meals during the Summer School. (Recommendations will be provided by the organisers)
- Certificates of attendance and participations will be given to those who require them in advance.
Organisers also warmly encourage participants to share diverse materials related to urban ethnography and visual methods onto our Facebook page: articles and papers, visual presentation, historical archives, photographic and video editing, journalistic and open publishing, artistic projects etc.